Wednesday, October 29, 2008

WFMW - Amazing Whites!!!


A few weeks ago I posted a WFMW entry about arm pit stains, and Mary Beth left a comment with a recipe for getting rid of stains.
I'm sure it was not a coincidence (Because I am convinced God is involved in everything. *grin*) that the next day my husband came to me with a badly stained white shirt - yellowed collar, and various other spots - but no arm pit stains. I told him I had a new recipe to try on it, and he gathered a few other "white" shirts for me to clean.
Well, last night I finally got around to it and I am telling you - I am amazed! These shirts look fantastic!!!
So, here's what I did:
I mixed three gallons of HOT water in my kitchen sink with 1-1/2 cups bleach and 1-1/2 cups dishwasher detergent (I tripled the original recipe, because I had several shirts to clean.) and soaked the shirts for about an hour, "stirring" a couple times in that hour. Then I rinsed them and washed as normal. Seriously amazing results!

And that? Works for me.

For more Works For Me Wednesday ideas, please visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

post signature

10 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

Ha, very interesting and nice to know it really works!

Unknown said...

I will have to give that a try!

Ronel said...

Good tip!!

luvmy4sons said...

I always appreciate any ideas to get out stains! Thanks!

SAH in Suburbia said...

Dishwashing detergent..Is that like dish soap? Palmolive type soap?

Kelly said...

My philosophy is when the white shirt yellows, it's time for a new shirt. Go shopping girl! You're missing all the fun standing over a hot sink stirring shirts. Meet me at Kohls. Their clearance rack is AWESOME! I bought a beautiful new shirt for church for $6.80!!!!

*wink*

Anonymous said...

Yes I have heard this, but have not tried it yet. . .looks like I better try it cause it works:) Thanks

Edie said...

LOL! I like what CK said!
BUT .. I am certainly inclinced to try this receipe out! Thanks Karen.

Just watched your video too. (I'm a bit behind) And there you are with your quiet and gentle spirit! :D

concerned parent said...

I think I will do this in my washer it has a better chance of staying put without little hands helping.

Mary Beth said...

Glad I could assist you! Don't expect much more from me in the domestic part of life. LOL