Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Interpretation

The other day I was at church preparing for an event that evening when Joshua called. He wanted to know if I was home from work yet. I responded by saying, "No, honey. I'm at church right now and won't be home until probably 9:30 or 10:00 tonight."
In all his teenage charm, my son let out some sort of grunt and hung up.

A moment to think about the time and my son's schedule allowed me to realize Joshua was calling me from cross-country practice, looking for a ride home.

Another moment to consider the grunt he'd just uttered led me to my interpretation. I think he was trying to say, OK, Mom. I'm sure I can find a friend here who will give me a ride home. I'll figure it out. No problem. Oh, and thanks for all the times you drop what you're doing to come and pick me up. Love you!

Yeah. I'm sure that's what he meant! *wink*

Karen

No comments: