Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Thanks. I Needed That!

I had a rotten, horrible, no-good day yesterday.

I'll spare you the details.
It's enough to know my afternoon involved a lot of tears.

And then I had a prince come to my rescue.
Josh - my 15 year old son, who often wears me out with his teenage angst.
First, he offered to finish making dinner for me. (So I could go be alone or "whatever", he said.)
I told Josh I was OK to finish making the meal, but I readily accepted his help with the process. We finished quickly, then I went into my bedroom. I turned on my Kathy Troccoli worship CD, got down on my knees and poured my heart out to my Father. I shed many more tears, and I received the love HE was willing to pour over me. Then I got up, sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", and decided it was time to face the world again.
When I turned to walk into the kitchen, there was my prince again. Several inches taller than me, standing in the doorway with open arms. He bent down, hugged me, and said, "I love you."

I had tears again, but this time I welcomed them.

************************************************************************************
Just in case you missed it, my post yesterday involves a giveaway. You *might* want to check it out.

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww....see he has listened and learned from you =)..very sweet moment. hugs***chera

Karen Hossink said...

Chera - There was all kinds of encouragement for me in that hug. :)