Friday, October 03, 2014

Lessons From the Edge

Nothing pushes God off His throne.

So, we've been going through some significant shake-ups at Edgewood over the past weeks.
*Staffing changes, which have left some holes.
*A couple community members moving out because of behavior issues.
*Changes in condition/mental state of others.
*Increased stress levels stemming from the holes left by the staffing issues.
And, quite honestly, some days I have felt like I was walking through the building in the dark. The light-hearted atmosphere to which I have grown so accustomed seemed to be missing.
As I walked though the halls Monday, feeling particularly burdened, I began singing, Jesus, Your Name is power. Jesus, Your Name is might. Jesus, Your Name will break every stronghold. Jesus, Your Name is life. And I decided that the next day for Bible study, we were going to examine Philippians 4:4-9.

We sat there in the library - I think there were 18 of us - talking about our real feelings regarding the turmoil around us. We discussed what it means to rejoice in the LORD, rather than in our circumstances. We shared experiences of bringing our anxiety to Him. We contemplated how we might focus our thoughts on only those things which are true and good and pleasing and praiseworthy.
And, together, we determined there is still hope even in the midst of uncertainty.
Because...
Nothing pushes God off His throne.

NOTHING.
Karen
Disclaimer: The ideas and opinions expressed in this post are my own, and may not necessarily reflect those of Vista Springs Living Centers.

2 comments:

Beth Herring said...

oh, my friend, so thankful that nothing pushes our God off the THRONE!! I needed to be reminded of this today. Even though I know it, I needed to see it in black and white!!

Leah Adams said...

Oh yes, there is definitely hope. I've been reminded of this so clearly over the past almost 2 years as my small group and I have studied the book of Revelation. There is hope for today, tomorrow, and into eternity. Praise Jesus.