Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Even This

My heart is heavy as I write this post.

Because I received some very sad news about someone I love.
And I don't know what the future holds for her.
And even though it might, maybe, could possibly be resolved and work out in the end, well - it might not.
Which makes me very sad.

The thing is, I know this situation is not a surprise to God. He has known for all of eternity that it was going to happen. And I realize it may very well be part of His perfect plan. Oh, how I hope HE is at the center of this circumstance! Because I believe God can use every single situation - even the painful ones - for our good, and His glory.
But my loved one doesn't believe like I do. In fact, she doesn't think God listens, or hears, or acts on our behalf. Truthfully, I'm not sure she even believes He exists.
Which makes me very, very sad.
So I'm doing the only thing I know to do. I am falling to my knees, begging God to use even this.
I am asking the Lord of the universe to once again work good out of an awful situation. I am asking Him to bring people from darkness into the Light, to heal the wounds, to restore what has been lost and mend what has been broken. And as He does all that, I am asking Him to open the eyes of those who are lost so they may see and believe. Yes, LORD, please use even this!

Do you know someone with an "even this" circumstance?
Please join me before our Father's throne.
I know He loves the ones we love. I know He will hear us. And I know He has the power to move.

Praise the Name of the LORD!

Karen

2 comments:

happyhome said...

We have been walking through an "even this" circumstance for the last year. Gut wrenching, but trusting. I understand how you're feeling. Hugs!

Karen Hossink said...

Angela - Praying for your "even this."