Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Digging Deeper, Seeking HIS Voice

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

~John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Seems like a fairly simple statement at first, doesn't it?

The sheep listen.
The Shepherd knows.
The sheep follow.

Simple.

But what if we dug deeper? What if we studied the implications?
If the sheep are listening, the Shepherd must be speaking.
If the Shepherd knows, He must be knowledgeable. Furthermore, the sheep must be knowable. That is, they must be submitting to the Shepherd and trusting Him to know them.
And if the sheep follow, the Shepherd must be leading.
So, perhaps that simple statement could also read: I, the Shepherd, speak. And because I speak good things, My sheep listen to my voice. I have the ability to know all things, thus I know my sheep. They know I am good and they trust me - so they welcome Me into their lives, to know them and care for them. And My sheep - who listen to and trust Me - also follow Me. Because I lead them, and show them where they should go.
Oh, what if we took time to dig deeper into the Word of God and seek His voice? If we got quiet and listened? Really listened - with the intent of letting Him shape us?
What would HE do in our lives, if we let Him have free reign?

I would love for you to join me at the Women's Listening Retreat on October 7 & 8, as we embark on this journey to seek His voice.

Karen

No comments: