Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Lacking Wisdom

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

~James 1:5
I don't know about you, but I am sure thankful for that promise right there.
Because I lack wisdom.
Big time.

You see, the thing is, I have never had an 18-year-old son before. I am traveling in uncharted territory. And I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. (This situation feels kinda similar to when I had a new-born. Only this time the circumstances are weightier, and the child has more to say about it all.)
Thus, I find myself feeling helpless, but not hopeless. God, in His grace, keeps on reminding me that HE is completely in control. HE sees - not only to the end of this semester - but through every single day of my son's life. God has a perfect plan, and HE reigns.
Not only is HE sovereign over all creation, but if I ask Him to give me the wisdom I need for my little space in the history of time? HE will!
Generously.
And without finding fault.
So I ask, and I believe. And I trust God is going to deliver us through this phase, too.

Is there a situation in your life for which you need to seek God's wisdom?

Karen

No comments: