Friday, December 15, 2017

Touched by an Angel

Oh, my precious Angel!

This week's story is simple, really.
And so dear to my heart.

Like last week, I brought my Bible along for my visit with Angel, and - like last week - she enjoyed listening to the Word of God. And as before, Angel joined in with her "Mmhmm," "Yes, Lord," and "Amen" commentary.
The difference was, this week I suggested we sing after the reading of the Word. Amazing Grace is our go-to song, and we went to it. But then I thought of another one she might know, so I asked, "Do you know, Soon and Very Soon?"
She did.
So we started singing together.
And the thing which was so dear to me is this: After we had sung through a few times I figured Angel would be ready for a rest, so I stopped singing.
But she kept going.
So I joined back in.
We started singing some of the verses, No more crying there. We are going to see the King. And, No more dying there. We are going to see the King. And, because she was experiencing a head ache that day, No more head aches there. We are going to see the King.
And, again, I suspected Angel might be getting tired, so I brought the song to an end.
But, again, she kept on singing. So I rejoined her and we just continued singing.
I wasn't looking at the clock, so I don't know how long it lasted, but I'm pretty sure Angel's heart was rejoicing at the thought that soon and very soon she is going to see the King.


Ahhh, what a Day that will be!

************************************************************************************************
For the record, I am going to be taking a blog break until 2018. Planning to enjoy family and friends for the next couple of weeks, as I pray you will, also.
In the mean time, if you're looking for reading material, know this: Since I started blogging 11+ years ago, I have published 2,236 posts. Feel free to use the search box above on the left to find something from the archives which may encourage you today! *smile*

Karen

2 comments:

Heaven said...

What a beautiful story!

Karen Hossink said...

Heaven - Yeah. I kinda like it, too!!! :)