Friday, May 02, 2014

Lessons From the Edge

It's OK to not be "enough".

My boss is hiring a full-time "Life Engagement Director". And I am really excited about it. Because I will no longer be all alone in my job. I won't have to plan, prepare, set up, and execute everything by myself. We'll be able to do more, enjoy more, live more. It's going to be wonderful!
The owner of Vista Springs wants everything to be "Full of Life", and that means - everything. And no matter how hard I try, I can't do it all on my part-time schedule. And my family and I can't afford to have me working outside the home full-time.
Quite honestly, there just isn't enough of me for all of it.
So, they're adding a full-time person to the staff, and I can't wait.

However, this week I overheard some interviews and found myself feeling down.
Things like, "It's better when two people are working together," and, "How would you make this calendar 'Full of Life'?" got me thinking things like, I do a good job here. And, People like the activities I plan. And, What's wrong with me?
Suddenly I felt like I needed to defend myself. Like I had to justify the fact that there isn't enough of me to do this great big job they want done. And then God's Spirit whispered to my heart, You aren't enough, dear. You need help to do this work. And that's OK.
Then I remembered how relieved I was when I found out this person was going to be hired. I reminded myself how much these men and women I love will benefit by having another person to love and serve them. Thoughts of fuller life and lesser burdens brought me peace. And I found myself agreeing with Him.

It's OK to not be "enough".

In what area of your life do you need this reassurance today?

Karen
Disclaimer: The ideas and opinions expressed in this post are my own, and may not necessarily reflect those of Vista Springs Living Centers.

1 comment:

Leah Adams said...

The area where I am not enough right now is with my Mother's newly diagnosed dementia. AND, I will never be enough in this area, and that is okay. I can't control it, and I cannot make it better. I simply must trust Jesus to do what is best for Mom.