Sunday, December 31, 2006

Day Six

Maybe it's because the kids are excited about staying up until midnight tonight to watch the ball drop and are, therefore, exceptionally loud and bouncy. Maybe it's because we're all missing Brian since he's been gone for six days. Maybe it's because I really need a break!
Whatever "it" is, I am feeling quite edgy tonight and I think it's a really good thing we're going to my grandmother's house to ring in the new year with other people. The way I'm feeling at the moment, I'm pretty sure I would blow my goal of not blowing it with the kids this week if I had to do tonight alone.
We're taking Family Fun Cranium along to play with my brother, his fiancee, and my nieces, and my brother told me he'll bring some games, too. We have chips & dip, snack mix, and pop. We're going to spend the night, too. I'm sure we're in for a very enjoyable evening. And I'm so glad I'm not doing it alone!
Happy New Year, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your posts. I remember last April my hubby was gone for 6 days. The first couple of days were ADJUSTING to say the least, but we pulled through and I got used to it. THEN I had to adjust to having him around again!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

I hope you had a wonderful night! Happy New Year!

Karen Hossink said...

GHF -
"THEN I had to adjust to having him around again!!!"
How true! I've been enjoying blogging after I get the kids in bed this week. Don't think I'll be as consistant after hubby is home...
Thanks for visiting!
Karen