Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Praying for a Miracle

I've written before in Lessons From the Edge posts about B -who lives with his wife, U, across the hall from the Activity Room. I have long been praying for him - for healing for his body, and restoration of his ability to communicate.
Well, yesterday afternoon B was having significant pain in his right leg. I went into his apartment to sit with him for a minute, and observed moments of agony when the pain became great. I placed my hand on his leg and B, U, and I began to pray. I recalled a story I heard from a man who experienced a miraculous healing, and remembered him saying he felt like a giant electric shock went through his body in the process. And I began to wonder if God was in the process of a miracle for B. I wondered if B was in for a healing.

And I asked God for that miracle one more time.

B ended up being taken to the hospital last night, and I don't know what his current status is. But I have been praying for the past 15 hours for his miracle. I will be going in to work soon, and hope to hear the latest on B. Please join me in praying for him.

LORD, please restore B's leg. Please let him walk again!

Karen

P.S. Interestingly, this week during Bible study we listened to a sermon B preached almost five years ago. And in that sermon he stated, "God still performs miracles."
How beautiful it would be to see one for B today!

2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Please let us know how B is! Praying for healing for him.

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - Thanks for praying.
Update coming Friday. :)