Friday, December 12, 2014

Lessons From the Edge

Creativity makes simple things spectacular.

I am not a "crafty" kinda gal.
And, in some regards it feels like that admission should disqualify me from my job. Because how many "activity ladies" don't do crafts???
OK, it isn't that I won't do crafts. It's just that I am not crafty. That is, I don't can't come up with craft projects on my own. BUT, I am pretty adept at seeing cute things and imitating them. And it is that ability (taking a good idea and copying it) which has led me to this week's lesson.

Just look at the Christmas ornaments we made!

All we did was paint the ladies' fingers white then had them hold a Christmas bulb. When the paint dried they added eyes, buttons, and noses with paint, and a felt scarf with a drop of glue.
Then - Presto! - a gift for the grandkids.

And last month we made these adorable turkey-pins. Out of ribbon, googl-y eyes, and glue.

And, if that's what I can do by copying ideas with a bunch of ladies who usually tell me they aren't crafty, either, just imagine the spectacular things God can make with simple me and you!

Creativity makes simple things spectacular.

Karen
Disclaimer: The ideas and opinions expressed in this post are my own, and may not necessarily reflect those of Vista Springs Living Centers.

4 comments:

Kaira said...

Fun!!! I love crafts. I can easily be sidetracked by cradts and ignore all the real life responsibilities I needed to be tending to.

Mommy's coffee break blog said...

For not being crafty, those are cute ideas. I'm not that creative either but I love crafts. So fun to sit with the kids and make things together. Just last week we made a handful of handmade ornaments (one of our Christmas traditions). We cheated though because we got pre-packaged crafts. So we didn't have to be that creative, but the kids still tend to add their own touches to projects. I think I am most creative when I work on scrapbooking, that is lots of fun for me, but very time consuming. ((hugs))

Karen Hossink said...

Kaira - Sidetracked? Oh, I get that! ;) And sometimes I really like it. (Until I get to the back-log of real life responsibilities I've been avoiding. *ahem*)

Mommy - We used to make Christmas ornaments every year when my kids were little, too. Always gave them to grandparents. So fun!
And there you go, reminding me about scrapbooking again. *wink*

Mommy's coffee break blog said...

Hey Karen, yes we also do the same thing with giving the ornaments we make to the Grandparents :) Also sorry for reminding you of scrapbooking again, ha! Obviously it has been on my mind lately. I'm thinking of starting back up on my daughter's first book, which I have been working on for too many years :(