Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Just Pray

My son is thinking about what he wants to do with his life.
I mean, he knows what he wants to do with his life. He wants to go fishing!
But he's trying to be practical and come up with plans for how he can earn a living, and start adulting, and all that fun stuff. And he was sharing his thoughts about it with me yesterday.
When he paused to inhale, I said, "Well, the best thing I can think of is to pray about it. God knows what you should do. He'll guide you."

My daughter had an opportunity to go to Mexico to see her friends and participate in a conference which is being put on by the church she attended while she studied there earlier this year. She asked me if it would be irresponsible of her to spend her money on a plane ticket to go there for a weekend to attend the retreat.
I was about to give her my opinion but thought better of it and said, "Well, seems to me the best thing to do would be to ask God. He'll lead you to the right decision."

And - just before writing this post - I read an entry from someone in a Facebook group of which I am a part. This woman is new to the blogging and writing world and sought advice for what to do when the words don't come. I told her I also have struggled with "silence" at times - feeling the need to write, but not having anything to say. And I shared my decision to not write, unless God has put something on my heart. (That's why sometimes I don't post anything. Well, some days I might not post because life is just too crazy-busy. But usually if I don't write anything here it's because God hasn't put anything on my heart to share. And I don't want to write just to fill space. May everything I say and do be for the purpose of building up the church and glorifying God!)
Then I told her: Whenever someone asks me for advice - about anything - my answer will always be,
"Pray. Just pray! God will show you what to do."

I mean, I don't want to sound like a broken record.
But God has shown me over and over again that HE is the one I need to seek. HIS wisdom is the guidance which will sustain me. And HE has never let me down.
God works through prayer, and I'm sticking with it.
That's my final answer.
*grin*

Karen

No comments: