Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Overheard at the Dinner Table

Argh!
I got so frustrated today.
No one was doing what they were supposed to be doing.
One was in an off-limits location, and when I asked, "Do you have permission to be here?" she said,
"No. Oops!" And when I told her about the other rule she was breaking, she was all, "Oh, yeah!"
I could totally tell she knew she wasn't supposed to be doing what she was doing, but there she was - doing it, anyway.
And then there was the person who started getting sassy with me. *hmph* I didn't say anything back, because I knew they would just get more sassy, and I would get more irritated. And then I would probably start saying things I shouldn't say.
And I would regret it.
So I just didn't say anything else.
*sigh*
It drives me nuts when people break the rules and act like it doesn't matter.
I mean, rules exist for a reason!

And, no. Although it sounds like a mother's woes, those words didn't come from me.
It was my son blowing off steam from work - because of patrons who don't read signs, or who read and ignore them. *ahem*
And, to be honest, I kind of enjoyed hearing his lamentation. Because I think now my son might understand a little better what it's like to be a mom. *wink*

Karen

No comments: