Friday, April 27, 2018

I Learned Something This Week

Wednesday night I went to the movies.
(That's part of the reason I didn't post anything yesterday. Instead of being home crafting a post, I was at the movie theater having my nerves tested. *ahem*)
That is to say, my guys wanted to see "A Quiet Place" (Er, two of the three wanted to see it. Three went along for company. Like I did.) so even though I didn't know what it was about - and not expecting to learn anything about family dynamics - I went to the show.

And, not being one who likes to spoil surprises, I am not going to tell you about the movie. But I will tell you the amazing lesson I learned about families and conflict and self-control:
If you have ever described yourself as an irritable mother, if you find yourself prone to yelling at your offspring when they misbehave or make messes or - say - start a fire in the house because of carelessness, if not seeing eye-to-eye with a family member tends to lead to you raising your voices with one another, if disobedience and defiance from the children in your family result in angry outbursts from the parents in your family, if you've ever wondered how to keep your kids quiet for more than 30 seconds, or if stepping on a two-inch nail with bare feet (while you're in labor, walking down stairs, scared for your life, and no one is around to help you) makes you feel like releasing an out-right blood-curdling scream, if any of that ever happens?
Just imagine there are weird aliens invading the land who will eat you if you make a single peep, and I'm telling you - an unbelievable* capacity to keep quiet will take over.

So there you have it, a life lesson for every family.
Have a great weekend. And let me know if you see any good movies!

*Yes, I chose this word very intentionally. LOL!

Karen

No comments: