Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Oh, My Heart

Sunday morning my son sent this video which he recorded through his back window.
I immediately started praying for safety and protection, because my momma's heart was jumping to conclusions. (Of course, he and my other son were making jokes about the whole situation over the group text exchange.)
Then my son who is still at home explained to me - when I expressed major concern at the size of the weapons, and the need for bullet proof vests - the police were taking every precaution as they were entering a potentially hostile situation. He assured me it was probably a drug bust, and there was no need to be concerned that Josh was in danger. (So sweet of him to try rescuing my pounding heart!)
And I realized what he was saying was probably true. But tell me, if you got this video on your phone, and your baby was so close to the action wouldn't your heart start leaping, too??? *wink*

Oh, and then there was the updated text we got after church: They just threw 2 flash bangs.
*ahem*

The news reports I saw indicated a possible home invasion by a man into the apartment of a (maybe) ex-girlfriend. He might have been armed, and may have left the premises before police arrived.
So why they were there for a couple of hours and had to use two flash bangs if the guy wasn't inside, I cannot explain. And, yes, I am doubting that's the real story.
But, alas, everyone is assured all is well. So we go on with our days, and I continue to pray - trusting God to care for my children wherever they may be.

Karen

No comments: