Friday, February 21, 2020

It's My Pleasure

OK. Sometimes I think I have entirely too much fun at work.
Like the other day, when a couple of women came in and were giddy about ordering waffle fries AND mac&cheese. One of them ordered the waffle fries, and the other was getting mac&cheese - and they were making promises about sharing with each other. In the beginning I was just having fun witnessing the enjoyment the two of them seemed to be having, but then I had an idea.
I said, "I know. You can use the waffle fries in place of forks for the mac&cheese!"
I honestly was not prepared for the level of enthusiasm displayed by these women in response to my suggestion. I mean, they thought I was brilliant! (I know, because they said so. *wink*) The three of us started laughing and talking about other means of replacing utensils. (Like chips with baked beans, grilled cheese for tomato soup...Ahhh, my non-Keto memories!) We were high-fiving each other and having a grand time.
And I was kinda sad to see them leave.
Then there was the young couple who came in for lunch with lots of questions. Early on I got the feeling that I could have some fun with them, so when Young Man asked if he could have two Chick-fil-A sauces (After I had just said, "Certainly!" when Young Lady asked for a couple of Polynesian sauces.) I looked at him with a straight face and said, "Uh, no." His jaw dropped, and Young Lady and I laughed so hard. She poked his side and said, "Ooooh, Karen got you!" In a matter of seconds, Young Man joined us in the merriment (As soon as he realized I was just teasing.) and I gave him the sauces. I felt a unique connection with them as we enjoyed each other's sense of humor.
And I was kinda sad to see them leave, too.
The thing is, whether I am being silly and teasing guests, or gentle as I help them with questions and needs, or motherly with little ones who are trying to place their own order - whatever I am doing - I can't help but be filled with thankfulness for this opportunity.
For the moment in time I have to be a light in somebody else's life.
It's a blessing.
And it truly is my pleasure.

By the way, I am going to be on vacation for a week - visiting my mom and dad in Florida, and speaking a few times while I'm there. Hence, I will NOT be blogging.
If all goes well, I'll be back here on March 2.
Until then, keep holding on to Him!


Karen

No comments: