Friday, October 05, 2012

Lessons From the Edge

Joy can be found in the mundane.

Do you enjoy weeding? How about fixing broken down-spouts? Picking up trash?
Yeah. They aren't on my list of 'Fun things to do', either.
But over the past couple of weeks, I have been delighted to watch a certain man at Edgewood finding joy in those exact activities.

E is a great guy. Will talk your ear off if you let him! And in recent days he has busied himself doing all these tasks outside.
Nearly every day, he comes into the Activity Room and gives me the latest report on the things he's done. With a great big smile on his face. And I walk to the window with him so he can point out his progress.
I think it's great that E is doing these little beautification projects, but the joy he radiates is 100 times more beautiful.

So, tomorrow when I'm doing yard work I believe I will think of E and smile. Because, joy can be found in the mundane.

Karen

No comments: