Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Blogger Reflection Award

Awww, I love receiving awards, and Annie has given me this Blogger Reflection award.

I have shared before that it is my desire in this blog to be a source of hope and encouragement - especially to mothers - but really to anyone who happens by. I share about life, sometimes silly things just to make you smile (or laugh at me!), and about the things God is teaching me because I think His Truth is true for all of us. It is my heart’s desire to reflect God’s goodness and love to the world around me – including the blogosphere. So, thanks Annie, for seeing this in me.

Here are the rules for passing this award on: The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them.

1. Copy this post.
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they've been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site

Here's my top 5 in no particular order:

Jesus Loves Me, This I Know…Penny and I first met in junior high school and lost touch after graduation. Over the past year we have become reacquainted and Penny very recently started a blog. I have been looking for an opportunity to tell you about Penny’s blog and when I read the qualifications above to share about a blogger who fills you with pride and joy I knew this was the time. Penny is a new mom and is in the beginning of a journey being wooed by God. I absolutely love reading about her journey and her thanks to God for His love. I truly am filled with joy when I read her posts.

Jenileigh’s Journey…I love Jenileigh, not just because she says nice things to me, but because she loves her girls so much. When I am feeling frustrated with my children I can visit Jenileigh and (after I giggle at the silly pictures) renew my perspective. Her love for her girls is infectious and helps me see past the petty frustrations and realized once again how blessed I am.

Irrational Love…I passed the Thinking Blogger Award to Jen some time ago, and am happy to give her this one, too. Jen loves God and shares the things she’s learning from Him on her blog. You cannot read her posts without having an ah ha! moment or the desire to pull out your Bible to read more.

As I read the original post for this award I saw we have permission to give this award to bloggers who have already received it, because “they deserve it as many times as it’s given.” So my final two awards go to bloggers who have been recognized already for their reflective blogging.

Karen’s Ramblings…Karen loves to read and she often includes posts on her blog about the books she’s consuming and how God is speaking to her through them, while she challenges her readers to seek Him as well. I love Karen’s heart for God and her desire to be used by Him. She is an encourager.

My Life As Annie…I have to say, “Right back at’cha, Annie!” Truly, I am blessed when I read Annie’s blog, especially as she shares about her experiences with Izzy. Annie’s love, patience, and servant’s heart shine through in her posts and really make me wish I knew her IRL and could spend time learning from her.

So there you have it, friends. My picks for the Blogger Reflection Award. What a joy it is to know you and share life with you over the blogosphere!


post signature

8 comments:

KarenW said...

Congratulations on your award! I will have to check out the blogs you've awarded.

A Captured Reflection said...

Thank you for your wonderful encouragement. I have been super sick this past week with a vicious tummy bug. My son had it first and I nursed him last week, and then on Saturday it hit me with a vengeance. I feel a bit better today and able to eat blandly - of course I've been reading throughout! Two of Patricia King's books and the third in Neta Jackson's Yada Yada Prayer group series. How is your writing going? I have both children home as it is School holidays and my son is being a great helper to me. (so far :-)

Annie said...

Thanks Karen! I talked to Jenna on the phone yesterday and we were talking about how much fun it would be to meet our bloggy friends IRL!
You bless me Karen, thank you!

Queen of My Domain said...

Congratulations on your award. I have to say it is well deserved. I always enjoy reading your blog for this very reason.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award! I love reading your blog and now look forward to checking out these new ones you mentioned.

Blessings on your day. Hopefully it is a tad dryer than we are here in Texas!

Anonymous said...

hi karen....

tagging you....

http://fireball.lifewithchrist.org/permalink/33651.html

for 5 things you "dig" about Jesus... all the rules are at the above post...

Jenny said...

congrats to you!! you do show God through your blog, and you encourage me! some of those (ok, 4) are new blogs to me, so I'll have to check them out!! Thanks for the links.

Jen @ irrationallove said...

Karen - I tried to leave a comment several times while I was away and it never worked so here goes...
Thanks so much for the award and congratulations to you. Your blog is such an encouragement to me. You rock. :)