Friday, August 06, 2010

Pharmacy Notes

Ahhh, I was feeling the love Wednesday night - my final time in the pharmacy.
*My co-workers had encouraging words for me as they thanked me for the time we shared together, and wished me well with my new job.
*Someone bought cake (And we aren't supposed to have food in the pharmacy, but my boss allowed it. *grin*) and it was delicious!
*I had several exceptionally nice interactions with customers.
*And two people who came to the counter - whose birthdays I needed to verify - were born on November 11. Twice I had 11/11 staring me in the face. I'm grinning now, even in the memory of it. God's way of reminding me He's in the moment and I can trust Him to lead me.

As I reflect back on my short time in the pharmacy I am so thankful for the ways God has made His presence known, for the lessons He has taught me, and the trials through which He has brought me. I remember the tears I shed at the beginning, the extent to which I felt like a failure who had nothing to contribute to the team, and the doubts I had that I would ever make a difference.
But God has been faithful and I have grown.
And I think that's the greatest Note I'm taking from the Pharmacy: Wherever I am and whatever I am doing - no matter how inadequate and small I feel - God is with me and I can trust Him!

***Even though this is the last 'official' Pharmacy Note, Monday's video is going to be based on a lesson God taught me in the pharmacy. See you then!

Karen

9 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Hmm, kinda wishing I could say it was my last time in the pharmacy....I know that is bad because I am blessed to have a job that pays very well. However, it simply is not my passion.

Oh well, I've so enjoyed your pharmacy posts.

Leah

luvmy4sons said...

What a blessing I am sure you were. I think of you any time I see 11/11. Had pt the other day with an 11/11 birthday. LOL! I have enjoyed your pharmacy notes. I am sure I will also enjoy tales of your time as activity director as well.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I know you're excited about your new missions field!! So happy your pharmacy coworkers and boss made your last day there such a blessing!! :o)

Karen Hossink said...

Awww, Leah, now I'm feeling sad. :(
Father, You are good and everything You do is good. We know we can trust You to do what is best in our lives. We can trust that You have put us in the places You want us to be - both for the good of today, and to prepare us for tomorrow. Thank You!
God, since You have put Leah in the pharmacy even though it is not her passion, I trust You have a good reason for her presence there. And today I am asking You give her a new sense of joy. Help her to see it - not as a job - but as a ministry assignment. LORD, please reveal Your presence to Leah in the pharmacy and fill her with hope as she trusts in You.
I'm asking it in the wonderful, powerful, beautiful, matchless Name of JESUS. Amen and amen!


Leslie - Yeah. I'm told I'll come home with some funny stories from Edgewood. Looking forward to sharing them here. I'm trying to come up with a title for another weekly thing on Fridays. 'Notes from the Edge' is coming to mind (since I'll be working at Edgewood) but I'm trying to remember if there are some negative connotations to that title. Was it a movie, or something? I can't seem to find out. *sigh*

Jodi - Thanks. I'm thinking about how I can be a blessing back to them. Perhaps I'll make brownies or something each month when I drop off my son's prescription. *grin*

gianna said...

God is using you no matter WHERE you are, Karen. You touch people's lives even when it's just on the other side of the cash register. You are beautiful!

Karen Hossink said...

Gianna - Thanks. That's right where I want to be used - WHEREVER I am!

Your best advice said...

I got your name off my daughers blog...the day just began
as I'm looking for families..
I have two blogs tanyas daily product reviews...
and the one i need help with is..your best advice...and you being a mom,christian...couldn't be better hope you have the time to stop by and help out with a minute of your time...thanks!

your best advice said...

sorry but my website wasn't on the other comment.

Karen Hossink said...

Tanya - It's nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by.