Thursday, February 20, 2014

HE Fulfills My Desires

So, what have we learned this week?

I want to be known, and I want to be special.
And when I was first realizing those desires, part of me felt ashamed. How self-centered of me, I thought. What a huge indication that I still have so far to go in learning to be self-less, and more like Jesus.
Until.
Until I felt God speaking to my heart asking me, What if it was I who gave you those desires? What if you are that way, because that's how I made you? And what if, My dear, what if I am the One who can fulfill those desires?

Ahhhhh. Spend some time pondering those questions!
I thought about my year of memorizing Psalm 139. I remembered how much it delighted me to realize how deeply God knows me. He knows my thoughts, my actions, my whereabouts. He knows my words - before I even say them. He knows what scares me, and what gives me hope.
Oh, He knows so.much.more than just my name. I am fully known by my Father.

Then I thought about one of my favorite Bible verses.
Zephaniah 3:17 ~

The LORD your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing.
I have often been drawn to the image of God holding me in His mighty arms, quieting my anxious heart, and singing to me. I see the love in His eyes. I feel the tenderness of His touch. I hear the delight in His voice.
Is there any greater picture of "special"?
I think NOT.

And in that moment, I stopped being ashamed.
I want to be known.
I want to be special.
And I am not ashamed to admit it.
My Father in heaven has created me with these desires, because He created me to be in relationship with Him. And, while I'll have glimpses of happiness when these desires are met briefly on an earthly basis, I am rejoicing in the Truth that God fulfills them completely.
For all of eternity.

Have you ever considered the depth with which God knows you? Are you aware how special you are to Him? How does that make you feel?

Karen

2 comments:

Joanna Teigen said...

Yes and Yes! Thank you, Karen!

Karen Hossink said...

You're welcome, Joanna! :)