Thursday, September 10, 2015

These Precious Children Need Sponsors

This is Eca.
Her birthday is November 25, 2010 and she lives in Indonesia with her mother, father, and one sibling.
Eca's father is sometimes employed as a laborer and her mother maintains the home.
Eca is not presently attending school. Singing and playing with dolls are her favorite activities. She also attends church activities and Bible class regularly.
This is Joshua.
Joshua's birthday is May 25, 2011. He lives in Uganda with his father and aunt and two other children. (Not sure if they are siblings or cousins...) Both Joshua's father and aunt are sometimes employed as laborers.
Joshua is in primary school where his performance is average, and he participates in church activities through the Compassion ministry. He enjoys ping pong, soccer, and playing with cars.
This is Luis.
He just turned 11 on September 5th. Luis lives in Peru with his mother and stepfather. His father is in prison. Luis's stepfather is sometimes employed as a laborer, and his mother is sometimes employed as a project worker.
Soccer, bicycling and playing group games are Luis's favorite activities. In primary school his performance is average and he also regularly attends church activities.

Eca, Joshua, and Luis are such precious children and I count it a privilege to be the one praying and seeking sponsors for them. I want to ask you - yes, YOU! - to look at the pictures of these children and ask God if He is moving you to be the one to answer the call.
Sponsorship through Compassion involves a $38/month commitment, as well as a promise to pray for your child and opportunities to correspond with them via letters. And I can tell you, the blessing of watching your Compassion child grow is amazing. When I first started sponsoring Noemi from Ecuador she was too young even to write. Now I have the delight of reading letters written by her own hand. And our little guy, Muthiani from Kenya, received a goat as a Christmas gift from the money we sent. I can't wait to hear stories about how he grows and uses that goat to help provide for his family.
I realize I may never meet my sponsored children this side of heaven (Though I am praying God would afford me the opportunity!!!) but knowing God is using me and my family to affect a child's life who lives "a world away" absolutely delights my heart.
If you feel led to sponsor Eca, Joshua, or Luis please email me at karen(at)irritablemother(dot)com and I will send your sponsor packet to you.
Thank you for praying and considering.

Karen

No comments: