Wednesday, January 24, 2018

I've Gone to the Dark Side

Not sure how things are in your neck of the woods, but in my neighborhood we have spent the past MANY months dealing with an annoying little critter known as Halyomorpha halys.
Er, not true. That's their scientific name.
They're better known as stink bugs.
And they're everywhere!
Over the summer, these invaders made their way into the neighborhood, and they haven't left. I thought the cold months of winter would make them go away, but I was wrong. Though, I found some measure of satisfaction when we had REALLY cold days recently by catching the bugs in a cup and flinging them outside to freeze to death in the single-digit temperatures play in the snow.
However, the past couple of days have seen warmer temps, which means the stink bugs won't freeze to death have no snow in which to play. And as I talked about the situation with another non-stink-bug-loving-friend of mine I was moved to change my approach to these invaders.
That is, rather than sending them outside to not die play, I have learned a way to kill them immediately they like swimming in soapy water. See???

Ahhh, my friend told me to put a drop of dish washing liquid in some water and let the bugs play. Good *clean* fun, right??? Yeah. They seem to really enjoy floating on their backs.
I think I'm going to enjoy this new game.

What ever shall I do if the stink bugs stop coming over to play??? *wink*

Karen

No comments: