Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Weekend to Remember

What an incredible weekend I just had! If you've been reading my posts the past few weeks, you know I've been looking forward to this weekend because Kathy Troccoli was coming to my home church for our Winter Women's Conference.
In addition to the blessing of hearing Kathy sing and speak of the love and goodness of God, I was given the gift of being her personal assistant, a.k.a. taxi driver. I met Kathy, her road manager, and her pianist at the airport and drove them back and forth from their hotel to the church yesterday and today, and will take them back to the airport tomorrow morning.
This opportunity was such a blessing to me. I have long admired Kathy's passion for God, her authenticity, and her desire to be a holy woman. Those of you who have read my book know how significantly God has used Kathy in my own journey toward holiness. To be able to have some one on one time with her and to share some of my heart with her truly was a gift from God.
He spoke to me again this weekend about living a life which is pleasing to Him. He reminded me that His glory can shine through my brokenness. He poured out His love upon me. And my response to Him is, I want to delight Your heart, God. In all I do and say and am, I want to delight Your heart!

If you ever have the chance to see Kathy Troccoli, take it. I confidently believe she is an instrument God uses for His glory and you will be eternally blessed by the experience. I know I have been!

No comments: