Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm Soooo Impressive

My kids, especially Joshua, are sooooo impressed with me right now.

Wanna know why?

It started a couple days ago when a little friend of theirs from down the street brought over his PacMan game. It's really cool. There are little cords attatched to a joy stick which plug into the DVD player, then you just have to press a button on the remote (I have no idea which one!) and, Whammo! you can play PacMan on the TV.
My kids thought this new toy was the coolest thing and when I walked into the room they asked if I wanted to "try" this game they'd just discovered. I said, "Sure," and sat down to play. The kids were explaining the rules and goals of the game, as if I hadn't played PacMan hundreds times when I was their age. I just said, "OK," and hit the start button.
I wish I could have taken my eyes off the screen long enough to observe the looks on their faces as I cleared one board after another. Their comments were great. "Mom can really play this game!" "Look! Mom is making a new high score!" "Wow! Mom's really good at this!"
Later that night I overheard Joshua telling my husband I got the high score on PacMan. He's even telling other kids about it when they come over and see the game. It cracks me up to know how excited my kids are that I am "so good" at PacMan.

If they only knew how many quarters it cost Grandpa Sheaffer during my youth for me to obtain this valuable skill!!!


Karen

12 comments:

Sherri said...

Haha...I impressed mine with Pacman a couple of weeks ago at the pizza place after a ballgame. I have played it here on the gameboy, but it is different playing it on the real arcade game. I even impressed myself a bit :).

Jenileigh said...

ROFLOL! Me too, me too! Although my kids know about my hidden talent! Heehee! WGT mom!!

momteacherfriend said...

This is great!
Isn't it nice to be able to surpass your kids in video game skills. Because when it comes to modern day games they stomp on us.

Bring on the pac-man.

Leni said...

It was centipede for me. Ds has a new found respect!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I'm impressed you were able to keep quiet and just let things unfold so brilliantly!

You probably would have creamed me. My folks were stingier with quarters, and I didn't have any grandpas around to dole them out.

Once again, you rock!

Corrie said...

That is SO funny! We actually still have my husband's childhood Atari!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it hilarious how our kids are discovering these "new" games? I guess everything from our generation is "retro"...too funny!

Way to go PacMan Momma!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I bet they were surprised at your video game prowess. I wish you could've taken a picture of their faces!

Tishia said...

That cracks me up! I bought my son Pacman for his Gameboy and he conveniently 'lost' it because he was sick and tired of never getting to use his gameboy cause mom was playing it again...LOL!

Annie said...

I won that same respect with super mario! It's great to impress them even if only for a little while :o).

Jenny said...

He,he! My kid's don't own a pacman controller--I DO!! :) My game was Gallactica. I could shoot me some enemy planes, now!! :)

Sonya said...

LOL! This is such a funny story! I loved PacMan too! Who didn't! I think it's great that your kids are impressed over your play! Maybe I need to get one of those cool joystick PacMan games and play with my kids!