Monday, December 17, 2007

Memory Verse Monday

Ahhhh, today is bittersweet. It is my last day in Psalm 22 and though I am glad to see where David has ended this particular psalm, I always feel a certain sadness when there isn't a "next verse" for me to anticipate.
But, alas, there is so much more of God's Word for me to dig into, surely He will continue to delight my heart with further study!

For today I want to share with you the verse I memorized and meditated on this morning.

They will proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn - for he has done it.
Psalm 22:31
As I read over this verse this morning, and as I have continued to ponder it during my day, I am consistently drawn to the last five words.

for he has done it

The reason "they" will proclaim God's righteousness to a people yet unborn is because He has done it.
And what, you may be wondering, has He done? I looked back through Psalm 22 to find the answer to that question. God has delivered (v.4), saved (v.5), given life (v.9), helped (v.10), delivered again (v.20), rescued and saved again (v.21), cared and listened (v.24), and ruled (v.28). He has been perfectly faithful and righteous before David and all His creation, so He will be proclaimed throughout all generations.
But I know the answer to the question What has He done? is not limited to David's experience in Psalm 22. I have also been thinking today about the things God has done in my life - the things which compel me to proclaim His righteousness to a people yet unborn. (I'm getting a picture in my head of holding my grandchildren on my lap and telling them of the goodness of the Lord!)

* He saved me from stupid things I did as a teenager - before I even knew Him personally.
* He gave me new life through His Son.
* He delivered me from the pit I was in as a mother and gave me hope in the midst of the struggle.
* He brought me through brain surgery and took away my seizure disorder.
* He gave me a story to tell and a platform to share it.
* He convinced me of His love for me and made me secure in it.

God has been so good to me, and I will proclaim His righteousness to a people yet unborn.

And how about you, my friend? What has He done for you???

post signature

2 comments:

Jenny said...

This is my favorite part of Psalm 22! The next generation WILL hear of Him-how encouraging for one like me desperately trying to get them to hear!!

She Rose Up said...

Karen, you give such care and detail to the Word, it's really beautiful the way you handle it!

He has done several of the same things for me that He has for you...
watched out for and protected me as a teen and young married lost wife and mother...in spite of myself,

made me brand new, changed, refined, transformed parts of me

made our marriage brand new

changed our family and habits and

taught me - opening the Word up to me -

graciously allowed me to teach...

And the future looks wide and bright!