Friday, October 17, 2008

Since You Asked...

OK, so Edie was the only one who really asked. But I bet the rest of you were probably wondering.
And that's all the prompting I need to tell you the rest of the story.

So there we were on the stage at Aloha Friday, where I had just successfully blown the Conch Shell. (Yes, "soft-spoken" me - with all my hot air. Thank you, Jessica, Leslie, and Sweet Mummy.) And the final contestant stepped forward.
That final contestant would be my dear husband.
When he said he was "Brian from Okemos, Michigan," the announcer looked at me and said, "Do you two know each other?" And I confirmed that we were married. Then he looked at Brian and said (because he had just made a BIG fuss about me blowing the conch shell), "No pressure, man, but you better do this!"
So Brian held the shell up to his mouth and gave it his best shot, and...Nothing.
Not a sound could be heard.
Well, except for the sound of more women cheering and the announcer saying something about Brian sleeping on the couch and doing the dishes. I wanted to mention that Brian is my Mr. Wonderful and I would never send him to the couch, and sometimes he does the dishes anyway. But I was still in too much shock that I blew it. So I just stood there and grinned.
And that, my friends, is the rest of the story.

I just finished up a busy "speaking week" and will be doing it again next week. Hence the "silence" here the past few days. And it is quite likely I won't be able to blog much next week either. But I wanted to let you know about a couple of things you can be watching for here.
Next Tuesday I will be speaking to a MOPS group about "Quiet Times." Or, more accurately, about having a growing relationship with God even when your "times" aren't quiet. This issue was a big struggle for me when my children were smaller and I plan to do a mini-series on the topic here on my blog.
AND, I am also planning to begin doing video devotions here. Not sure how often I'll be posting them, or even when I'm going to get started, but it's something to which you can look forward. I mean, I hope you'll look forward to them! *bashful grin*

Now I'm off to run errands.

Have a great weekend!!!

post signature

10 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

This one is too good to even touch! LOL!

Edie said...

We all know that he COULD have if he had REALLY wanted to. He was just showing the world how much he loved his wife and his Christ-like attitude. You know, dying to self.

Have a great weekend!

Jessica Nelson said...

LOL
Too funny! So what did he think about it?

Kelly said...

I loved Edie's comment. Yes, he was letting you have the limelight. LOL! Or else women really do have more hot air then men!!! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved that theme park! Would love to go back sometime! Sounds like you had fun and I'm not a bit surprised that you blew it! (did they clean it between blows?)

Edie said...

Ok - Annie brings up a very good point. One that never should have escaped our attention. Inquiring minds want to know.

Since you asked Part 2

Karen Hossink said...

Yes, yes, yes!
They cleaned the conch shell with an alcohol pad between each contestant. And that was a good thing, too, because the first woman who tried blowing it got, uh, a little too intimate with it! Eeewww!

Ronel said...

Keep up the good work!!

I hope you had a good weekend!!

momteacherfriend said...

I was totally wondering...
Poor Bryan, must not have ever played the trumpet either. ;)

Anonymous said...

He'll never live it down! he he

Sounds like you are busy in a wonderufl way...prayers for smooth transitions and very receptive groups! :)

Many blessigns-
Amanda