Friday, August 07, 2009

This Week's WORD

Happy Friday to you.
And Happy Anniversary to my husband and me! Sixteen years today. *grin*

Before I get into this week's WORD, I want to thank you for your prayers and kind words. And I want to give you a quick update.
On the down side, I had more stress and unexpected stress in one week than I've had in a loooong time. Also had a problem with leaky eyes. (I just tell my kids that my stress comes out through my tear ducts. *sigh*) And I am in serious need of a shoulder massage right now.

BUT

(And you know how I love a big BUT!)

On the upside, this morning when I walked into my grandmother's hospital room (I'm writing this Thursday.) she said, "I'm going to live!" She has been up and down like a yo-yo this week, but the sparkle is back in her eyes and it looks like she's finally turned the corner. Rather than planning for Hospice, my aunt is choosing a re-hab center/assisted living facility. Lord willing, Grandma will be in her new home in time to celebrate her 92nd birthday next month!

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled post...

But David found strength in the LORD his God.

1 Samuel 30:6b

You may recall that I am reading the Bible through chronologically. Well, on the day I was reading 1 Samuel 28-31, I was also directed to read Psalm 18. Before I turned to the psalm, I wondered for a minute what it was that encouraged David to find his strength in the LORD in the above verse.
David's home had been attacked and now the men of his city were talking of stoning him. Things were not looking good for David. And then came the statement, But David found strength in the LORD his God.
When I read Psalm 18, I felt I understood. Click on the link to read it, and then see if you agree with me: I think David wrote Psalm 18 right between 1 Samuel 30:6a and 6b!
What a great reminder for me this week - and any week! - to cling to my Rock in the midst of the struggle.

Have a great weekend. May the peace of Christ rest upon you!

See you back here Monday.

post signature

8 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Happy Anniversary!! I am thrilled that your grandmother is doing better!! Praises!!

There is so much comfort in knowing that we can find strength in the Lord when our own strength is gone. So often, I fear, that I rely on my own strength for wayyyyy too long and don't seek out His strength. That is pride and I so am working on that with the Lord.

Have a great weekend.

Leah

On Purpose said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

Praising Jesus this morning for Grandmas sparkle! May He continue to fill her with energy and strength!

Enjoy your weekend!

Beth Herring said...

Happy Anniversary sweet sister!

I love your post - I JUST LOVE David!

God is our strength. We have to learn to totally rely on Him. He is enough. He is everything!

Glad you are better.

luvmy4sons said...

Praise His name. I just love it! Such a "joie de vivre" at 92! Awesome! And you know...God is our strength...always at all times...may we draw on that Truth!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary to you & your husband!

And I am soooo happy to hear the good news about your grandmother! May God continue to bless her wonderful spirit!

After reading your post, I thought about that "famous" question that goes around from time to time: "Who would you like to meet that is no longer here on earth"...now I KNOW who I would like to meet...David!! What a meeting that would be!! But lucky for us, we have The Word!

Thanks, Karen, & have a fabulous weekend!
Patricia nyc

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you got some good news on your grandmother!

Melanie said...

Karen,
Happy Anniversary!
Great news about your grandmother and a great word!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Amanda said...

Sorry Im so late to comment on Grandma... I am so glad things are looking better!!! Thank you Jesus!

Happy Anniversary to YOU!!!!

You rock!! I love your wonderful family and hubby who support you and let you support me!

That was kinda selfish. Sorry. Hope you ahve a wonderful anniversary and day.

Love to yoU!
Amanda