Friday, January 21, 2011

Skipping Class - To Ask for Prayer

There will be no 'Lesson from the Edge' today. Go ahead and close your books - we're skipping class.

Because...

I am on my way to a couple of special events and I would like to take this time to ask for your prayers. Tonight I will be speaking for a group of moms in San Diego, and Saturday I'll be speaking again in Fair Oaks. At both of these events, I will be presenting the gospel and inviting women to come forward for prayer. I have been on my knees for the women who will be attending - asking God to prepare their hearts, and to speak through me.
It blesses me to know HE already knows. Everything. God knows who will be at each of these events. He knows their names, their hearts, their hurts, their needs. He knows what they need to hear, and I trust He's going to speak.
Will you please join me in praying for HIS will to be done? And that HE would thwart all the plans our enemy has - which he will certainly try to enact to keep women from coming and hearing. We have victory in JESUS, and I am excited to be God's instrument of grace and hope to these women this weekend. Thank you for praying!

The FUN part of this weekend is that I get to meet three - yes, THREE - blog friends! Ronel is the coordinator for the San Diego event, and I'll be spending the night at her house tonight. And KM and Stephanie are coming to San Diego hear me speak. It's going to be a blast!

Karen

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Woo Hoo!!!!

Patricia said...

Praying here, Karen! For you, for the women who will attend & the women who are currently "on the fence"!

Have a WONDERFUL trip!

Sara K. said...

It's 9:00 p.m. in Minnesota, which means 7:00 p.m. in San Diego, and I'm praying for you -- for peace, and clarity, and God's will to prevail! :) Have fun meeting your blog friends too -- yay! :)

Cindy said...

Praying for you Karen!