Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Young Love

Oh.my.word.

They are so stinkin' cute!

Elizabeth and her beau. All smiles and laughter and happy to be together.

Elizabeth doesn't know it, but a couple of weeks ago I was reading over her shoulder while I was braiding her hair. She and Nick were texting, and it was all I could do to keep from breaking out in laughter.
See, Nick's mom and I were helping them get together the next day. (Since we live about an hour apart, we often "meet half-way" to swap one kid or the other so they can spend time together at the other's house.) Anyway, for whatever reason we were meeting half an hour later the next morning than originally planned. And this time delay was causing a certain amount of crisis for the two love-birds.
I couldn't quite read Nick's text, but Elizabeth's reply was, "They don't understand how vital it is that we're together!"
And that's where I almost lost it. Not that I am denying their affection, I just thought it so funny when I read her extreme statement. Because I remember feeling that way in my teens.

The truth is, I continue to be delighted as I watch this budding relationship. Delighted more than anything because of their desire to build everything upon their common faith in God. Their love is young now, but I have confidence that building their relationship upon God and godly principles will only make this young love mature into a beautiful thing. Whether that means a lifetime together, or a life-long friendship.

BTW, they're already talking about the lifetime together option, and are planning "all you can drink chocolate milk" at the wedding reception. Can't wait! *wink*

Karen

2 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

Could this be? Elizabeth already has a beau? Oh my! She is gorgeous, just like you!

Karen Hossink said...

Angie - Yes, she does. And he's a great kid.
Thanks. :) The thing I love is - her heart is just a beautiful as her appearance.