Friday, August 08, 2014

Lessons From the Edge

Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Sometimes that Murphy's Law thing drives me nuts.
*Why is it that when I forget to buy eggs, someone decides to have an egg sandwich - so that ONE egg I needed for a recipe is gone?
*Why must rain fall only on the days when there is no umbrella in my van?
*And tell me why, oh, why do people call me during church ONLY on the days when I forget to silence my phone?
I'm telling you, Murphy and I are NOT good friends. His stupid Law has bitten me about a hundred times too many.
But this week? It made me laugh.

We were working on a craft at Edgewood which required an iron and ironing board. And since three are better than one when it comes to getting things done, Shelly and I both brought our ironing boards and irons from home - to add to the one already at work.
Monday afternoon, taking into consideration how much ironing we had left to do, Shelly asked me if I would be willing to keep my ironing board at Edgewood to use again Tuesday. "Sure," I said. "It isn't like we ever use it at home!" And we shared a knowing laugh.

Then, Tuesday morning as I sat eating my breakfast Brian walked into the kitchen and asked, "Hey, where is the ironing board?"

I think I spat my cereal back into my bowl before I looked at him and groaned, "REALLY???"
I simply could not believe my husband was asking for the ironing board. I couldn't remember the last time I saw him ironing, and on the ONE day the ironing board was missing, he wanted to use it? REALLY???
I broke the news to Brian - that he couldn't iron Tuesday morning - and explained the reason why. We looked at each other and just laughed. Muprhy's Law is the only way we could explain our little situation. Fortunately, this time his stupid Law was laughable.
But, be careful because you never know when he'll strike again. *wink*

Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Karen
Disclaimer: The ideas and opinions expressed in this post are my own, and may not necessarily reflect those of Vista Springs Living Centers.

3 comments:

Kaira said...

That is funny! And totally how it would go here too.

Sara K. said...

Too funny! As soon as I read, "Tuesday morning as I sat eating my breakfast Brian walked into the kitchen..." I groaned and laughed with you, knowing what was going to happen next! :) Yes indeed, that darn Murphy strikes again!

Karen Hossink said...

Kaira - I'm glad you can understand me. ;)

Sara - It still makes me laugh.
Thanks for another smile.