Tuesday, February 17, 2015

HOPE is a Beautiful Thing

So, for Christmas my wonderful husband got me a new computer. (The kids had been begging me to get a new computer for some time, but I am just too cheap to spend the money. Would rather spend the time waiting for pages to load.)
And, alas, it worked.
I didn't have to spend the money.
Brian did it for me! *wink*
Anyway, last weekend I finally got around to transferring files from my old computer to the new one.

Yes, I realize it took me almost two months to do it. Don't judge.

In the process of going through old files, I found something I about which I had completely forgotten. There was this one file titled "Lyrics" and I was about to delete it, figuring it was simply words to a hymn which I'd typed so I could use it for Bible study at Edgewood. But I opened it just to be sure, and smiled at what I found inside.

Looking in the mirror and what do I see?
The reflection of someone staring back at me.
She’s got my hair, my eyes, my face.
But what’s on her heart? That mark of grace?

What happened to the woman I used to know
Whose heavy heart was her greatest foe?
What happened to the anger and bitterness?
Where’s the despair and hopelessness?

Jesus I know You took them,
I know You’re transforming my heart.
Your Spirit lives in me.
Now hope is within me.
And each day is a brand new start.

I wrote those words some seven years ago. Although I am not a song-writer, apparently there was a song in my heart since I called the file "Lyrics". Not sure I'll ever finish it, and if I do - I don't know that there will ever be a melody written for it. But whatever happens (or doesn't) it made me smile just to remember from where Jesus has brought me.
I am so thankful for the HOPE I have in HIM.

Karen
*************************************************************************************************
Tomorrow is the first day of Lent. This year I have chosen to fast from Facebook during Lent because I wanted to give up something which is often a distraction. Which would allow me to spend more time with God - allowing Him to work in my heart.
As I thought about it more, I realized that blogging is also often a distraction/time-sucker for me. (The blog is a good thing, and the time I spend writing is worth it. Nonetheless, I want to do everything I can to keep this time for Him.) So, I have also decided to fast from blogging during Lent.
Actually, I will probably check in on Mondays with a video devotion to share the encouragement I am finding in Jesus as I spend this time with Him. But I'll leave the final decision about that option up to Him.
So, until later - May grace and peace be yours in abundance.

No comments: