Thursday, June 11, 2015

Out of the Mouths of Babes, er, Teens

Isn't it the desire of every Christian mother's heart to hear her children quoting Scripture?

Accurately and appropriately?

Then, why is my heart not all warm and tingly right now?

Monday night I went into Matthew's room to say goodnight. And to, uh, remind him there was a kitchen full of dishes he needed to wash before he went to bed.
He was engrossed in a video, but assured me he would get those dishes done.
I said, "OK. Don't forget." And gave him the look.
Matthew looked back at me and asked, "Or what?"
And I said, "Or, I just might get up tomorrow morning, see the un-done dishes, and get a bucket of ice water to dump on you."
At that, my wise young man said, "Mom. Remember what God says: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I congratulated my son for his appropriate use of Scripture. And we laughed together.
But I'm still waiting for the warm heart.
*wink*

Karen

No comments: