Friday, January 17, 2020

It's My Pleasure

What do you do when you make a mistake?

At Chick-fil-A we try to turn our mistakes into blessings.
Specifically, what I mean is, when our dessert maker accidentally prepares the wrong shake - or when a guest changes their mind about what kind of iced coffee they want, after their original order has already been prepared - or something along those lines, which leaves us with an unwanted tasty treat - we like to "surprise and delight."
Every now and then when I am at the drive-thru window a co-worker will place one of those items at my side with the words, "Here. Surprise and delight someone." And I set out to notice somebody who seems to need a lift in their day, or who simply looks like they would truly be delighted by a treat.
And, can I tell you?
It really is my pleasure when I see the smile on a person's face as I hand them a free goodie.
Indeed, some people are very happy about our mistakes!

So, this whole making lemonade out of lemons thing (Hey, did you know we do that at Chick-fil-A, too???) has had me thinking this week: When unexpected events pop up, when things aren't going as we intended, how can we turn the situation around to surprise and delight someone???

Karen

No comments: