Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Living on My Knees

My daughter sent me a text yesterday asking me to pray for her - and the girls in her cabin at camp this week. So I am praying! I am praying God will be glorified and that He will overwhelm Madi, Natalie, Alyson, Halie, Riley, and Elise with His love as He pours it out through my girl.
Then I got on Facebook, and I became aware of so many circumstances in which people need prayer.
So I prayed for Kimberly - that God would grant her wisdom, and eyes of faith to see where He's leading.
I prayed for healing for Weston and courage for his parents.
I asked God to fill Stephanie with the grace and strength she needs to get through her situation. Because I know she can't do it alone. She needs HIM!
I prayed for those 14-year-old boys who've gone missing in Florida while they were fishing. And for their mommas. 'Cuz I know their hearts are hurting.
I saw an update from a friend and understood why God had prompted me to pray for her in the morning. And I prayed for her some more.
Throughout the day, I saw yellow cars and red trucks - which reminded me to pray for Emma and Mike. My husband texted me to pass on a prayer request - so I prayed for Amber. I glanced at the clock at 11:11, and prayed for my husband. I checked the daily request for War Room, and prayed for the Kendrick brothers. And in my multiple interactions with Grandma, I asked God to carry her.

More and more, I am learning to live life "from my knees." Sometimes I really get down on my knees, face to the ground, seeking God's intervention. But usually I am up and moving, living life. Under the constant awareness of my/our need for God, and delighted that He wants to hear from us.
So today I want to invite you to join me in this move.
*Let us humble ourselves before Almighty God and acknowledge our desperate need for Him.
*Let us turn from our own ways and seek His, that we may walk in them.
*Let us call out to Him in each moment, trusting that He's listening and able to come to our aid. Even more, that He wants to come to our aid!
*And let us give thanks and praise to the One who is worthy.
I love the LORD, for her heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.

Psalm 116:1-2
War Room is coming to theaters August 28. Trust me. You don't want to miss this movie - or the movement of prayer which I believe will follow.

Karen

No comments: