Thursday, August 25, 2016

It's What I Do

So, the other night we had a family meeting of sorts.

That is, we got together to explore a possibility.

OK. We test-drove a car.

Brian is in the driver's seat.
I'm riding shot-gun.
The boys are in the back.
And as soon as we get out on the road it seems the three of them simultaneously exclaim, "Alright. Let's see what she can do!" While I'm all, "Whoa, buddy. Take 'er easy now."
From the backseat I hear, "Zero to sixty, Dad. I'll time it. Go!" And I'm saying, "Oh, really? What if there's a policeman ahead of us. You wanna pay the ticket?"
Then comes, "Oh, yeah! Take this curve without slowing down!" And I'm all, "What if a deer jumps out in front of us?"
Next, someone challenges, "See how fast you can go in reverse!" And I reply, "No you don't. What if..."
At which point Josh interrupts with a hint of exasperation in his voice, "Oh, Mom. You're just worrying about every little thing that could possibly go wrong."
And I'm all, "Well, yeah. I'm a mom. That's my job!"

Can I get an "Amen!" from a sister who knows what I'm talkin' about?

Karen

No comments: