Thursday, August 11, 2016

HE Speaks

Oh, how I love Jesus!

Oh, how I love His tender mercies and faithfulness.

Oh, how thankful I am!

If you've been hanging out with me this summer, you probably know that I've been wrestling.
It has felt like a very long time of praying, and waiting, and wondering, and longing for answers, and thinking I know what to do, and doubting, and praying, and waiting, and... I have finally made the decision to which I believe God has led me.
So, yesterday morning I was sitting in the living room having my quiet time and I was thanking God for leading me. I thanked Him for His faithful and perfect provision, and the peace which is resting in my heart. I thanked Him for knowing what I need, and for the memories He was bringing to me about His faithfulness in the past.
I spent time praying - thanking and praising God. And petitioning Him to continue leading me.
Because I only want to go where HE wants me to go!
And then I read the verse for the day:
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.

~Psalm 32:8
And my heart nearly burst.

Could He have spoken any more clearly???

In that moment it was as if God were sitting right there next to me, holding my hand and looking into my eyes, saying, Dear one, just as I have been faithful to you in the past, I will continue to be. You have been seeking My hand and I know your desire is to follow My lead. And now, I give you My Word - I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.

And I? Am listening for His instruction and counsel!

Karen

No comments: