Thursday, June 30, 2016

HE Makes Himself Clear

So, Monday I sat down to have my quiet time with the Lord, and I read this verse:

The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged.

~Psalm 69:32
And encouraged, I was. Because I have been wrestling recently with questions about my calling. Wondering which path I should be walking. And I am begging for answers seeking Him! Thus, when I read that those who seek His help should be encouraged - when I was reminded that He is at work - my heart felt like a weight had been lifted.
I wrote in my journal,
I am forever thankful for my Lord's attention, help, and encouragement. HE knows what I need and HE is faithful.
Yes. HE is always at work. I want to remember that Truth. Oh, I need to trust that God is working things out - even when I can't see the result and am uncomfortable in the not-knowing.

Thank You, Father, for Your work and Your perfect plans. I confess my uneasiness in waiting to see the end, but I will wait. Please help me to wait patiently - full of hope and trust.

An hour later, I was at work and was given the opportunity to read the daily devotional to our residents. But I didn't realize that God was going to use the time to speak directly to me.
This was the devotion for June 27:
Lead me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all day long.
~Psalm 25:5

Sometimes you seem silent when I'm begging for answers, Lord. Sometimes your silence seems like absence, but I know you are here. I'll learn to wait patiently and appreciate the peace of your presence, knowing that you hold the past, present, and future in your hands. The truth is that I don't really need answers, Lord. I need you.
Ahhh, there it was. A gentle clear in-your-face reminder that God is sovereign.
That statement: The truth is that I don't really need answers, Lord. I need you. Oh! I'm kinda surprised God didn't divinely insert flashing lights into the book with a sign pointing to those words which read, Karen, read this!!!
I mean, He might as well have done it.
That's how obvious the message was to me.
And so, I'll wait. Patiently. Not knowing the answers to what my future holds. Yet confident that God holds it - and will do what is good. I'll trust Him to teach me, and lead me. And I'll wait.
Even if I have to wait all day long.

Karen

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love it! Great insight :-0

Karen Hossink said...

Cynthia - Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. :)
I'm glad you were touched by it like I was.