Friday, October 02, 2009

This Week's WORD

He will not let your foot slip -
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
Psalm 121:3-4

As I drove home late Thursday night after speaking for a MOPS group, with droopy eyes and a tired mind, I realized I had forgotten to write today's This Week's WORD post. And as I thought about how desperately I just wanted to crawl into bed and go to sleep, I was reminded how very thankful I am that God never gets tired of watching over me - and rolls over to take a nap.
God is never not watching over us.
He always has us in His sight. Always.

May the knowledge of God's constant attention bring you peace today.
See you back here Monday!

post signature

9 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

That does bring me peace. :-) Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...what a peaceful thought!
Great words to start the weekend!
Have a great one, my friend!
Patricia nyc

luvmy4sons said...

I need some peace.

Ronel said...

Isn't it amazing how when we are tired He never is... just last night my hubby wanted to fill my need for face to face time however; I just wanted to sleep. So, I sat up and chatted with my hubby instead of getting an extra few hours of sleep yet I woke up feeling rested and loved bc I know He is giving me strength to make it through my day.

On Purpose said...

Thanks for this reminder, and it sure does bring peace and contentment straight to my heart!


Have a terrific weekend!

Daveda said...

Yes, He does...all the time.

I left a comment for you over on my blog :)

Daveda said...

Hi..*grin* me again...I actually revised my post after reading your comment...I reread and thought hmmm, I can see how this could be misunderstood. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for your honest comment. It helped me reread to see why you might have thought I meant something other than what I intended to say...

Leah Adams said...

I love that God never gets tired, never takes a break, never goes AWOL, never rolls His eyes at me. He just doesn't. How cool is that?

Leah

Amanda said...

What a sweet last line... Thanks karen...

I'm praying for you!

Blessings-
Amanda