Tuesday, October 06, 2009

What's on Your Mind '09 - Prayer

Oh, this is going to be a good month for What's on Your Mind '09.
Shane is devoting the whole month to prayer.
What's on my mind about prayer??? Seriously, friends, I could write for the whole month - not just Tuesdays!

Those of you who see me on Facebook know that I have been crying quite a bit over the past few days. I won't go into all the details of Why? here and now - don't even understand them all myself - but I can tell you one of the sources of my tears has been the subject matter of my prayers for a very long time.
And I know God is listening.
I know He cares about the things which concern my heart.
I know God does not get tired of listening to me as I bring my questions, fears, heart-aches and frustrations to Him. Over and over again.
I know He knows what is best for this circumstance and that it is all a part of His plan.
I know I can trust Him to respond in His perfect time.
So, I wait.

It is these assurances of God's tenderness and care, of His perfect nature, which make me so thankful for prayer. The LORD of the universe listens to me!
And He speaks to me, too. He speaks through His Word. He speaks through my pastors. He speaks through Bible study with my small group.
He speaks through you.
And I am so thankful.

Yes. Prayer is always on my mind. Sometimes speaking, sometimes listening. Always thankful for the ability to communicate with my Father.

How 'bout you? What's on your mind about prayer today?

post signature

8 comments:

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

That sometimes I have something bothering me but I don't know how to pray about it.

So, I end up just saying things like Lord you know or Father I don't even know what or how to pray about this. I even tell God that I don't know if I should be praying about said matter.


smooches,
Larie

Anonymous said...

Lately, rather than formal prayer, I find myself "talking" to God in my head...it's comforting when I'm doing the dishes, or waiting on line for something, any of those "down" times...I kind of have a "conversation" with Him...I find it a great way to "stay connected" with Him throughout the day rather than saving it all up for one particular time. It's the staying connected part that reminds me that He's with me all of the time...

Hugs!!
Patricia nyc

Kelly said...

May God hear and respond to your prayers and wipe your tears.

My prayers lately sound like "I belief, help me in my unbelief."

Kelly said...

To clarify, NOT unbeliving in God, but lacking the faith that he will say yes to my prayers.

luvmy4sons said...

Waiting is hard to do...but trusting and developing trust while you wait is good...praying and waiting on a lot right now myself. Blessings and prayers sweet sisters.

Susan Berlien said...

Myabe there's a cryig flu going around. I've caught it too. Plenty of tears over here. I do pray. I have my own unique relationship with God. When my sister in law lindsay dies in a car accident about a year and half ago...I was angry with god. I don't understand why she died. I struggle. Why does Mom have cancer...etc. I know he loves me, but sometimes it's hard.

Anonymous said...

It's in the darkest times when His light is the brightest star ever! Love ya!

Theresa said...

I was raised that when you prayed it had to be on your knees, bowed down.

I do believe that we need to be attentive and make sure that our prayers are foremost in our mind. That when we are taking them to the Lord, We are paying attention.

But I also enjoy my daily conversations with him no matter where I go. I drive along and pray (talk) to him about what is on my mind. I talk to him about my friends needs, my churchs needs, the worlds needs.

It is nice to know that I can just talk to him whenever...Even sitting behind the wheel in my car.