Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's on Your Mind '09? - Psalms

Oh Good! November's focus for What's on Your Mind '09? is Pslams. I love the psalms. They're my favorite!
Oh, wait, did I say the same thing about prayer last month?
Well, honestly, everything about God is my favorite. *sheepish grin*
Thanks, Shane, for picking another of my favorite things to dwell on this month. Love you!

I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 34:1-3

Psalm 34:1-3 is the very first piece of scripture I memorized after I became a Christian nearly 20 years ago. And today I want to invite you to join me in living it out.
I am going to boast in the LORD right here. Then, I want you to join me in the comment section so we may exalt his name together.
And today, if you are one who is afflicted? Come. Hear and rejoice!

My boast:
If you watched my video yesterday, you may have caught my comment that things have been rather rough around here recently. Honestly, in some moments I have been allowing myself to believe that between Joshua and I - only one of us is going to survive this school year.
I have been at my wits' end with that boy.
Trying to understand him. Wanting to be gentle. Meaning to give him room to be who God has created him to be. Knowing I need to give him boundaries. Feeling like a desperate failure in every respect.

My tears and my prayers have been plentiful.

But God's grace and mercy have been greater.

Every time I start longing for these days to be over, God reminds me He is right here in the middle of the mess.
When I am despairing about my situation, God tells me the Truth and shifts my focus from my situation to Himself.
In the moments when I'm feeling lost and alone, God sends people into my life to lift me up and help me.
After a night of fighting about homework, God wakes me to a morning full of new mercies.

Ahhh, yes. My soul will boast in the LORD.
Let us exalt His name together!

post signature

5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I surely will join you sister even as I also join you in those moments of angst with my own boys! Hugs and blessings to you. You are not alone. We are not alone. Yes, let's exalt Him together and boast of Him alone! Amen! Funny, my somewhat long post today talks about how after you have been through the worst that those often are our best moments with the Lord! Hugs!

Ronel said...

I love how God uses the little things to show me the "big" picture of his grace, mercy and plan for my life. I love how in the midst of the chaos He will show His face and it completley changes my outlook on whatever situation I am struggling with at that particular moment.

Thank you!!

Edie said...

I will love You, Lord always
Not just for the things You've done for me.
And I will praise You all my days
Not just for the change You've made in me.
I'll praise you for You are holy, Lord.
And I'll lift my hands, but You are worthy of so much more.

For You are awesome, God of the Nations,
Lion of Judah, Rock of the Ages, Alpha, Omega
You're worthy of all praise,
More that these hands I'll raise
I'll live a life of praise.

I will serve You Lord, always for You are my strength
When I am weak.
I will never be afraid for You are my rock and You protect me
But I'll praise You for You are holy, Lord.
And I'll lift my hands, but You are worthy of so much more.
(Casting Crowns)

Thank you Karen for leading me in boasting in the Lord. I needed it right now.

Hope you win the blog design!
Love you!

Angie Muresan said...

Karen, you are a brave woman of faith and a wonderful mother. God will guide you and your husband in the proper way to deal with your son. I remember as a young child waking up in the middle of the night and going to get a drink of water, passing by my parents room and seeing them on their knees, hearing them praying for us, their five children, and boasting in the Lord. How lovely it is and how protected we felt, knowing that God was right there. All the time.

Leah Adams said...

Yes, I will boast in Him. Over the course of the past two weeks He has enabled me and allowed me to introduce a precious young woman to my Jesus via the 'message/email' feature of FACEBOOK. How cool is that!!

It constantly amazes me that He uses someone like me...with my background...He uses me.

Praise Him!
Leah