Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Medieval Times

So, one night while we were at Myrtle Beach, we went to this place called Medieval Times. It.was.awesome!
I didn't have to cook dinner. There were horses which held Elizabeth's attention. Jousting and fighting which the boys loved. And we all ate with our fingers, which I think Brian secretly enjoyed. *wink*
Seriously, if you ever have the opportunity to go to this place (There are several around the country, and even one in Canada.) you should. It's kinda pricey, but so worth it!

We were seated in the section designated to cheer for the 'blue knight' and after the show we joined the line of people who wanted to meet him and get a picture.
We'd been given cardboard crowns to where upon arrival, and several kids were asking the knight to sign their crown. Matthew liked the idea and followed suit.
Joshua started saying that he was going to jump into the knight's arms to pose for the picture, but I didn't believe he'd really do it. Instead, when it was our turn to talk with him - and after Matthew got his crown signed - Joshua said, "Will you sign my cheek?"
Really!
The poor knight didn't know what to do. He replied, "Gee. No one has ever asked me to do that before." He stood with his pen in his hand, seemingly not sure if he should really write on this kid's cheek. And I stood there laughing harder than anyone else, thankful I'd used the restroom before dinner. I don't know where he comes up with these things!
Ultimately, our 'blue knight' decided it would be OK to sign Joshua's cheek, and then the kids posed with him for a picture.
For reasons beyond my understanding, I cannot get this picture to be any larger. But if you look closely, you can see Joshua proudly displaying his freshly signed cheek.

Like I said yesterday, there's never a dull moment with that kid! *wink*

Karen

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Sounds like a ton of fun, Karen! So glad you had a good time out east! Your kids are hilarious -- sounds like something my boys might do someday. :) I think Joshua should have jumped up into the knight's arms! :)

Karen Hossink said...

Sara - It was a ton of fun.
I only wish I could adequately convey how funny that scene was. Joshua's spontaneousness and the knight's reaction were priceless. *grin*