Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What HE Said - Part 2

"For the Son of Man came to seek and save what was lost."

Luke 19:10

These are the words Jesus spoke after Zacchaeus put his faith in Him. On Jesus' way to Jerusalem - where He would be betrayed and beaten and killed - and where He would rise again on the third day - He stopped to visit with Zacchaeus.
The dirty, rotten, cheating, tax-collecting, no-good scoundrel Zacchaeus.

Why?

Why - in the middle of this all-important mission - would Jesus stop to visit a guy like that???

Nobody liked him. Everybody hated him. He was a sinner, for crying out loud!

Hmmmm. Romans 3:23 is coming to mind.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

That includes all those folks who didn't like Zacchaeus. It also includes me. And you.
All of us. We're all lost. We all deserve death.

Yet we are not without hope.

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

That's what HE said!

Karen

6 comments:

Leah Adams said...

..that which was lost. That is me and I'm so glad He saved me. Praise Jesus!!

Karen Hossink said...

Yes. Praise Jesus!!

TheUnSoccerMom said...

this just goes straight to my heart.

in the ins. business. I see a LOT of cheaters and liars.

I admit, I am a bit jaded. to the point where I really hate it if a friend, family member, or church family want to come see me for insurance.

I don't WANT to know how they are as a "customer"... my views of certain people have been totally turned around by how I see them in certain situations...

it makes coming to work VERY difficult.

I need to keep this blog entry in my pocket. Remind myself that Jesus did it as much for them as me. Check myself first and show compassion.

thank you!

Karen Hossink said...

Jodi - It struck me when you said you don't 'want' to know about these other people. Because Jesus DID know about us.
Everything.
And He still came!

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

"Call me Zaccheaus."

smooches,
Larie

Karen Hossink said...

Larie - Er, I mean, Zaccheaus.
Oh, I'm all mixed up!
Can I still call you 'Larie'?
*grin*