Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What HE Said - Part 1

Welcome to my mini-series, What HE Said.
It is my prayer that these reflections on Jesus' words this week will aid in drawing you closer to Him, as we prepare to celebrate the resurrection this weekend.
So...let's take a look at What HE Said.

"We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. He will be handed over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him, spit on him, flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again."
Luke 18:31-33

Can you imagine that???

Can you imagine taking a trip with your best friends, knowing before it ended you were going to be betrayed, beaten, humiliated, and killed?
Jesus knew.
He'd heard about, read about it, likely dreamed about it.
It was His destiny.

Since the first sin of man in the garden of Eden, we had been in need of a Savior. Nothing we did could bridge the gap between God and us.
Jesus was now living out God's plan for redeeming mankind.

And he talked with his friends about it. "Hey, guys. This little trip we're taking? It isn't going to be like any of the others we've been on together. This one's gonna change the course of history."
Our history of sin.
The punishment of death we deserved.
An eternity separated from a holy God.
All of it was about to be changed because of Jesus being handed over. And killed. And because of the third day.

"On the third day he will rise again."

That's what HE said.

And it changed everything.

I hope you can take a moment today to reflect on that thought, and give thanks to God for His great love.

Love to you,

Karen

8 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Profoundly and eternally grateful for what He said and DID! I'm amazed every time I think about it...that He did it for ME.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

the thought of this always overwhelms me. it reminds me that He DOES love me. no matter what. :o)

Patricia said...

It is an amazing thought, isn't it! AND...to think, He did it all for ME (& you, & all the readers here, and, well, you know ;)...

As hard as it is to read The Passion, imagining what this must have been like (although I really can'timagine!), it's something I look forward to doing every year during Holy Week...

Thankful, indeed, for ALL that He has done for us! :)

Welcome back, Karen!! I didn't get a chance to view the video yesterday, but I will :)

Cindy said...

It is almost unfathomable! I am so thankful and grateful at what He endured for me!

gianna said...

And not only did he get his life back, he gave US life!

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - Amazed. Yes.
And so thankful!

Jodi - That 'no matter what' part is what's really amazing!

Patricia - Yeah. I know. *wink*
Thanks for the 'welcome back' greeting. It's good to be back!

Cindy - Me, too!

Gianna - And the life I had before this one HE has given me? I don't want that one back!

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Of course I can not imagine being in Jesus's place. I can't imagine being in place of alot of the people in the Bible; hence the reason that there is NOT a "Book of Larie" in the Bible! lol

smooches,
Larie

Karen Hossink said...

Larie - You're very clever. *wink*