Friday, September 24, 2010

Lessons from the Edge

God will provide. I don't need to worry.

OK. It isn't a new revelation.
I've heard it a hundred times.
I know it to be true.
Even so, sometimes when I can't see how things are going to work out (And that would be, well, ALWAYS!) I start to worry. As if my worrying will solve the problem. *sigh*

Oh, HE is so patient with me!

I have been in the middle of planning various activities at Edgewood. One was HUGE. Others have been less significant in magnitude. But each has required more than I could do on my own.
And with each activity I have, at least at some point, wondered, How am I going to do this? What if I can't get it all done? What if the whole thing falls through?
Then God, in His goodness and mercy, sweeps in with just what I need. Usually in the form of some amazing volunteers who are more than happy to help me out.
And as these people come to me and ask, "What do you need me to do?" I can almost hear my Father speaking, too. What do you need Me to do, darling? Don't worry. I can handle it.

Indeed. God will provide. I don't need to worry.

Do you???
*******************************************
BTW, I'm going to the gIRL Gathering this weekend. *BIG cheer!*
I hope to create a little video journal - of my experience, and to introduce the gIRLfriends I'm finally going to meet. My goal is to have it here Monday...

Karen

3 comments:

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Sorry that I'm going to miss you at the gIRL gathering. Things just didn't work out for me.

smooches,
Larie

Jackie said...

I don't really worry as much as I used to because I truly believe God is there and will provide.

Mamajil said...

We do serve a faithful God!!! Hope you had a great girls gathering!