Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Well Said

My kids got out of school for the summer last Friday. Matthew was excited to get his yearbook. And I loved reading the 'autographs' section. Particularly this note from his teacher:

Matthew...What can I say? You are a fun kid with a great sense of humor. Don't lose that.
When you're on, you're on so make sure next year you get all your work in on time! :o)
Have a great summer!
Mr. S.
I'm telling you, that man should get a thousand gold stars for the patience he had with my ADHD son this year. It hasn't been easy, and he's been great. I love that he captured Matthew's strengths in this note, and still encouraged him in his weakness.

I want to be a communicator like that!

Karen

2 comments:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

When I was a kid, I "said" I didn't care about what my teachers wrote in my yearbook, but really I did. I think I cared more about what they wrote than what my friends wrote. Those notes are so encouraging!

Yay from awesome teachers like Mr. S and Yay! for awesome kids like Matthew!!

Karen Hossink said...

Jodi - Yes. What we say we care about, and what we really care about aren't always the same!
Encouraging words from a well-liked teacher mean the world to a kid. Whether they'll admit it, or not! :o)