Wednesday, June 29, 2011

HE's Got You Covered

Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"

Luke 12:22-26

I am absolutely certain God had me read this passage on purpose. The same day HE was going to work out some circumstances for me, and show me other ways HE had in mind to provide for our needs.
There were things which had been going through my mind. Some bordering on 'worry', and there HE went - taking care of the details.

I LOVE IT when HE does that!

Are you worrying about something today?
You don't need to.
Take a moment to re-read the passage above. Slowly. Let it sink in. Allow God to speak to your heart.
Seriously - the birds aren't worried. And you don't need to be, either!

HE's got you covered.

Karen

3 comments:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

AMEN!!! I think in this day and time, with financial futures so uncertain for many people, it's hard to let go and LET GOD handle it.

RYC: Yay for trying new things!!

Patricia said...

Hmmmm...this is the 2nd time this week this passage has shown up for me...yes, I think HE is definitely telling me that HE's got it covered! ;)

Karen Hossink said...

Jodi - Oh, yes. It is hard. BUT, He is so able!!!
:o) I felt so proud of myself for my meal choices.

Patricia - Indeed, when God is repeating Himself, it's important to pay attention!