Friday, March 07, 2014

Lessons From the Edge

Love makes everything better.

So, I have another sweet couple to tell you about today. R and R. Part of what makes them so adorable is that they almost have the same first name. Except hers ends with an "a".
Yes, I thought they were precious before I even met them - when I'd only heard their names.

Anyway, Mr. R moved in to Edgewood several months ago, while Mrs. R was in rehab. She visited several times and soooo wanted to move in, but her body just wasn't strong enough yet.
So they waited.
Finally, about two or three weeks ago, Mrs. R moved in to Edgewood, too. And, oh! if you could have only seen the smile on Mr. R's face they day she came to stay.
I would have taken a picture, but his smile was too big to fit on the camera. *GRIN*

Needless to say, I have been thoroughly enjoying watching the two of them together at Edgewood. Holding hands, walking together, sharing glances. It's beautiful.

Then came Wednesday of this week.

We had one of our favorite musicians in to entertain, and Mr. & Mrs. R had front-row seats. I stood across the atrium from where they were and just watched in delight. They were singing along with his songs and laughing at his jokes. But I noticed something different between them and everyone else. While the entire community was enjoying the show, Mr. and Mrs. R seemed to be enjoying it a few notches more than the rest.
I watched, and I wondered.
And then I felt I understood.
R and R were enjoying the show so much, because they were watching it together - with the one they love.

Love makes everything better.

Karen
Disclaimer: The ideas and opinions expressed in this post are my own, and may not necessarily reflect those of Vista Springs Living Centers.

2 comments:

Mommy's coffee break blog said...

Awww.. Adorable. I love seeing older couples that are clearly still in love. I always hope my husband and I will be like that one day. :)

Karen Hossink said...

Mommy - Yes. I often wonder what Brian and I will "look like" in another 40-ish years. :)