Wednesday, June 18, 2014

GOD Doesn't Need an Education

That was one of the profound statements I heard at church Sunday.

GOD doesn't need an education.
The context of the statement is this: We were entering into worship through song, and the worship leader was reading the words to us which we were about to sing. They were words describing God's power and faithfulness. We were reminded God doesn't need to be educated about how good He is, rather we need to be remembering that Truth ourselves.

Oh, how true it is!

God is fully aware of Who He Is. He knows it all. Even every little thing about our world and our little lives. There is nothing we can say which will surprise God, or catch Him off-guard. Nothing which will improve His knowledge or self-confidence.
Indeed, our worship, our prayers, the time we spend with God in His Word is not about us teaching Him about Himself. It's about God moving in and shaping us.

So, I look at my current memory verse and I say, "Yes."
My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with Me." And my heart responds, "LORD, I am coming."

Psalm 27:8
Yes. Yes! I come, not because God has anything to learn from me, but because I need to know Him more.

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Lord, shape me. I need to know Him more too!! ***Chera

Karen Hossink said...

Chera - So glad to be on this journey with you!