Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This Kid!

So, I know I've reported here a time or two about Josh and his fishing exploits. But this time I have to include a picture. Because I am so stinkin' proud of my son.

What do you think about this one???
That big ol' fishy helped Josh earn second place in two different categories at a fishing tournament this past weekend. Which got him certificates for two guided fishing trips. He is uber excited, and I am just as happy for him.
For all the times I have gotten tired of Josh asking me to drive him here or there to go fishing, for all the times his teen-age angst has had me on my last nerve, for all the times I wonder if we're both going to survive his "childhood" - for all those times - it brings me so much joy to see him succeeding at something which he really loves.

Fellow mother-of-teens, have they got you at your wits' end today? Look for the joy!

Karen

2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Wow! Congrats to Josh!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha, Now that is awesome!! :) ((hugs))Chera